Finding a Cosmetic Dentist Near Me
To be sure you select a dental provider that is a trained cosmetic dentist valparaiso in, you will want to take a few precautions. Any dentist can call themselves a cosmetic dentist but it is not a recognized specialty. Below are some tips to help you determine the best provider for you!
- Associations: The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry is the most widespread. They offer continuing education for their members and publications to keep up to date with current technologies.
- Training and Technology: A cosmetic dentist will take training courses and gain hands-on experience after regular dental school. Your potential dentist should have a good before and after portfolio including a variety of restorations. They may also be trained in clear aligner orthodontia. Look for a dentist that has up to date technology throughout their office. X-rays and pictures will be taken so you’ll know if they use digital or film. If you are having your gums worked on at all, ask if they use a laser for contouring instead of a scalpel.
- Location: You might consider finding a dentist that is in a convenient location for you. Cosmetic work often takes multiple visits so something close to your home or office could be a good idea!
- Scheduling and Time Requirements: Along with location, the time requirements could make an impact on your final decision. Once you and your dentist decide what treatment is right for you, the hours offered at the office and your personal schedule will need to work together.
- Previews: Sometimes dentists are able to offer a wax up so you can see your case before it is finalized. This is a really great option so during your consultation, ask if that is possible.
- Comfort: It is important for you to be comfortable with the doctor and their staff. They should treat you kindly and answer all of your questions! If you need anesthesia for your procedure, ask what type they use.
- Payment: Insurance is not likely to cover any of your cosmetic dentistry so you may want to see what options the dentist offers. Some have in house financing or accept a third party such as CareCredit.
Ensuring that you have a good experience begins with the consultation. Make sure to have a list of questions and concerns prepared so you do not forget anything. Having photos to show the dentist what you do and do not like can be a help to the dentist for your wax up. Any dentist can call themselves a cosmetic dentist so do your research before scheduling your consultation. Good cosmetic dentistry can last for decades so take the time from the start to find someone who listens to and meets your needs!
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?